Director - Media Planning
Can you identify the precise media opportunities that will propel your clients into ground-breaking response and profitability? Can you effectively collaborate with our Business Development, Client Services, Creative Analytics and Media teams to track and evaluate trends, develop spot-on audience profiles and build cross-channel media plans that out-think the competition? Then welcome to Marketing Architects, where we embrace the entire media universe to disrupt traditional media planning and buying strategies. Driven by a commitment to create unprecedented results for the companies we serve, the media team is a group of research nerds obsessed with turning data into actionable insights. Think you might fit in?
As the worlds of brand advertising and direct response collide, there’s never been a more exciting time to join Marketing Architects. With a 20-year history rooted in responsive advertising, we’re well ahead of the pack, but why stop there? Our agency continues to evolve as we stay committed to shaping the future of advertising.
Our three platforms (Creative, Media & Conversion) integrate seamlessly with a single goal in mind: deliver bottom-line results for top-shelf brands through audio and video marketing. If you’re up for the challenge of your career, let’s talk. But remember, every employee is expected to bring big ideas while checking their egos at the door. This keeps us moving in the right direction and having fun getting there.
- Shape our clients’ media landscape by leading strategic development to deliver Client/Campaign objectives.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams and leverage external vendors and data sets to develop and coordinate plan strategy, buying, negotiations, and execution.
- Create and present innovative media recommendations through integration across the entire audio and video spectrum.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with media vendors, ad tech companies, and agency partners.
- Act as intermediary between internal departments, including Business Development, Client Services, Creative, Analytics and Media.
- Troubleshoot and escalate potential issues in a proactive manner.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve media performance.
- Monitor, evaluate and optimize plan performance via dashboard reporting.
- Constantly identify new opportunities and advise clients on the latest media trends.
- Interpret and apply insights from media research tools (e.g., target research, reach curves, rankers, competitive insights, etc.) to the planning process.
- Handle ad hoc requests from clients (e.g., POVs on industry topics).
- Facilitate competitive analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maintain media relationships and business partnerships to provide insights and briefings on industry trends.
- Develop media collateral materials including RFPs, media plans/presentations, objective/strategy decks, POVs and other related documents.
- 5+ years of developing integrated media plans/strategies across multiple channels within an agency or client environment (examples may be requested)
- Keen understanding of the evolving media landscape, and how various media channels complement each other and work into the overall marketing mix
- Strong Media Buying Background
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Strong analytical mindset
- Familiarity with media planning and buying technology, processes and data sets
- Experience with Ad Serving and Bid Management technologies
- Experience with Google’s DoubleClick product suite
- Experience with Nielsen, iSpot, Strata, CoreMedia and other research and buying tools and data sets a major plus
- Multi-tasking is a must!
- Critical and creative thinking
- Work efficiently and effectively within a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Job Status: Full Time